Change detection from Satellite is a perfect example of how effective change over time could be determined, measured and be evaluated.
Change detection is and indication of how things have changed from one date to the next –
- Before a disaster and after a disaster
- In agriculture – looking at germination over time
- In food security – looking at harvest and planting time and quantity’s
- In war time – looking at movement of troops and equipment
- Urban development
- Infrastructure development
- Climate change
The success of these solutions is based on frequency, and time period. The more often the images are taken end the longer the period of monitoring the better the results.
In some applications like intelligent city monitoring several automated processes will automatically pick up change and report on it.